Gordon Moody is the UK’s leading charity dedicated to providing support and treatment for gambling addiction. We have been at the frontline for more than 50 years helping people reclaim and rebuild their lives through recovery in safe, supported environments. Our treatment centres are located across the UK, and we have exciting plans to extend our services in the coming years so that we can support more people to live their lives free from gambling addiction.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our brand-new Residential site in Redditch as a Gambling Therapist.
Within the role, you will be required to provide effective support to the Gordon Moody rehabilitation program in a way that enables clients to overcome their addiction to gambling and move forward to recovery and independent living.
The program provides structured support, to males aged over 18 years with severe gambling history, through a 14-week residential stay.
- Provide appropriate recovery-focused therapeutic advice and support to assist residents in addressing their gambling problems and achieving their goals in line with the Gordon Moody Men’s Residential Program.
- Support residents through structured one-to-one, group-work interventions, and activities using a range of therapeutic approaches, including CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Mindfulness and Person-Centered techniques.
- Continuously complete risk assessments and use assessments to inform session planning.
- Manage a caseload of residents by keeping up-to-date records of their progress and needs, interventions provided, and any issues dealt with within our case management system.
- Empower residents in identifying goals to meet their wider health and social care needs, including mental health, debt, family issues etc., assisting with signposting and referrals as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with support coordinators to provide specific advice and guidance around money management, budgeting and debt advice, and signposting to external agencies as required, in liaison with the Centre Manager and Outreach Support Coordinator.
- Support the provision of online group support under the direction of the Centre Manager.
- Ensure effective and seamless handover of ongoing support and relapse management needs from the treatment stage to the outreach stage.
- Assist in the collection of activity data and outcome measurement data and provide administrative support.
- Actively participate in team meetings and line management supervision on a monthly basis, as well as regular clinical supervision as provided by the organisation
- Review and develop the program through evaluation, continuous improvement and development through new initiatives and intervention
- Participate in learning and development opportunities for personal development and ensure you maintain up-to-date knowledge on gambling and therapy.
- Uphold Gordon Moody’s policies and procedures about the service delivery of confidentiality, data protection, risk management, safeguarding, professional boundaries and data recording.
- Carry out any required administration functions such as but not limited to; correspondence, monitoring, reporting, data capturing and updating case management database with quality records at all times.
- Educated to Diploma Level in Counselling BACP or Equivalent.
- CBT and/or motivational interview training and/or relevant qualification.
- Case management experience with an understanding and application of risk, incident and safeguarding processes.
- Excellent communication skills in; written, verbal and reporting.
- Experience in planning and facilitating structured group work with vulnerable and challenging aspects.
- Experience working in a therapeutic environment/service ideally within addiction.
- Ability to manage crises and work flexibly to meet presenting needs within a remote location.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and in the wider organisation.
- Evidence of continuous professional development with the willingness to develop.
- Ability to provide a commitment to our company values.
- Experience of working in a health and social care environment such as residential, mental health or drug support services.
- Experience working with individuals that have a gambling addiction.
- Specific qualification about group work.
- specific qualifications related to the provision of remote support.
- Evidence of an ability to change group dynamics requiring amendments to program content.
- Experience and/or training in supporting Mental Health issues.
- Experience working with clients remotely such as online or on the phone.
35 hours per week – Monday to Friday daytime, with occasional Saturdays on a Rota basis.
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Paycare scheme
- BetterSpace membership
- AbleFutures partnership
- Increased company pension contribution
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Supportive working environment
- Family-friendly policies
- Company events
Gordon Moody Values: Passionate, Respectful, Open, United and Dynamic
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Gambling Therapist – Redditch
If you are interested, please complete the online application form below OR submit a CV with a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Vacancies list