The role will predominantly be based in Dudley with travel to our other sites in Manchester, Wolverhampton and Redditch and the opportunity to work from home for up to 2 days per week depending on need.
This role reports into the Director of Operations and will support and manage our existing services alongside our two other Heads of Service as we evolve to open our new facility in Redditch at the beginning of 2024.
We are looking for candidates who are immediately available and have experience of running therapeutic services at a senior level operationally whether that be within the NHS or via private sector providers or charities. This role does involve travel and so we would also require the post holder to have the ability to attend each of our sites on a weekly basis.
We are a fast growing, caring and passionate charity supporting those with complex needs and gambling addiction, we would welcome anyone with the relevant skills and experience to contact us with your CV and if suitable we will invite you to have a Teams call with our CEO and Clinical Director.
Overall Job Purpose
Manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of our treatment services, help ensure we support gamblers in a safe, peer-supported environment with in-depth rehabilitation and preventive programmes that provide the emotional, practical and long term assistance they and their families need.
Support the Clinical Director in the implementation, development and delivery of high-quality treatment services that meet our targets, within budget and as specified by the operational business plan.
Work in line, and ensure staff compliance with, regulatory and professional standards and Gordon Moody Policy to inspire the team to have an inclusive and participatory approach.
Provide regular reports on services performance changes and developments to brief Senior Leadership and the Board and meet local and external accountability requirements.
This role is part of a wider management team and should in addition to the above support the service to build a recovery infrastructure whilst delivering treatment services and advancing the effective treatment and understanding of gambling addiction through clinical research, specialist training and innovative, evidence-based programmes.
- Effectively lead and manage the operational elements of Gordon Moody’s treatment services by working closely with the treatment managers in ensuring the delivery of high-quality treatment and KPI achievement.
- Empower and enable staff to deliver high-quality and effective services for all service users who are ready and committed to engage with us, from the point of intake to discharge.
- Support the Clinical Director and Operations Director in ensuring that all areas of treatment provision are compliant with CQC regulatory guidance and meet outstanding rating standards within each regulated domain: Safe, Responsive, Effective, Caring and Well-Led.
- Working with own team to support implementation of new service plans which reflect Gordon Moddy’s strategic and business plans and contractual requirements.
- Ensure that therapy is designed, integrated and co-ordinated to achieve maximum effectiveness for each service user and that clear, accurate and up to date records are maintained within the case management system.
- Evaluate, audit and report regularly on the quality, relevance, and effectiveness of treatment programmes.
- Ensure staff compliance with Data Protection and Confidentiality policies in respect of client data, working closely with the treatment teams to maximise data accuracy and security across the organization.
- Ensure that all appropriate risk assessment and management processes are in place to ensure the safety of staff and service users.
- Produce and present regular reports on service change, proposals ad performance for senior Leadership, the Board and other external bodies as required.
- Ensuring that a collaborative approach is used, with effective communication links with external professionals.
- Represent Gordon Moody as the gambling related harm expert at clinical and therapy roundtable discussions and meetings including commissioner and strategic meetings.
- Establish and develop relationships with other agencies and bodies ensuring that we work to provide the best care whilst maintaining positive working relationships.
- Work with the Clinical Director and our research partners to use our data to evidence the best practise and impact of our service delivery.
- To ensure that the budgeted occupancy for all services is at least achieved and at best exceeded ensuring effective processes are in place for people moving in and out of the centre and houses.
- Oversee the setting, management, and control of operational budgets for the treatment services provision.
- Utilize management accounts information and other KPI’s to ensure that we re delivering our purpose and meeting budget requirements.
- Provide leadership to all treatment services staff.
- Establish and monitor clear performance targets, both quantitative and qualitative, for the treatment teams to drive improved operational performance.
- Provide appropriate and regular support and supervision to your direct reports including annual appraisals and develop opportunities for two-way feedback.
- Oversee the identification and implementation of individual and team training and development needs to meet the business requirements.
- Participate in the recruitment, hiring, and termination process of treatment services staff and/or professional consultant.
- Understand, uphold and work with the values, ethos, purpose and aims and objectives of the Gordon Moody.
- Commit to continuous improvement of existing services and to support the development of new and innovative projects, programmes and services that meet the needs of our clients.
- Work flexibly to maintain the most appropriate level of service provision, respond positively to organization change and development.
- Promote equality, diversity and Human rights in working practices
- Advanced Qualification and/or Training in a relevant discipline (Healthcare/Social Work/Psychology/Psychotherapy or Counselling).
- At least 3 year’ experience as an addiction/ mental health/social care service manager.
- Significant experience in line managing clinical staff, including the use of professional development, performance management and safeguarding protocols.
- Significant experience in development, implementation and management of addiction/mental health treatment programmes.
- Significant experience of managing and developing clinical monitoring and reporting systems which support both targets and outcomes.
- Knowledge and understanding of the problematic and treatment of addiction and mental health issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of the NICE and PHE Guidelines, CQC Regulations, Mental Health Act and other related guidelines and regulations for addiction treatment services.
- Evidence of people management skills, including setting and monitoring objectives against business plans and performance targets, holding others to account.
- Ability to take charge of a situation when appropriate with the ability to lead , motivate and influence others.
- Well-developed inter-personal skills and experience in interacting with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent planning, organisation, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently while being capable of collaboration within a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- 28 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Paycare scheme
- BetterSpace membership
- AbleFutures partnership
- Increased company pension contribution
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Supportive working environment
- Family-friendly policies
- Company events
Gordon Moody Values: Passionate, Respectful, Open, United and Dynamic
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Interim Head of Treatment Operations (3- month FTC)
If you are interested, please complete the online application form below OR submit a CV with a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Vacancies list