Gordon Moody is the UK’s leading charity dedicated to providing support and treatment for gambling addiction. We have been at the frontline for more than 50 years helping people reclaim and rebuild their lives through recovery in safe, supported environments.
Our Marketing and Communications team are responsible for the development and delivery of the strategic marketing and communications program, that supports the entire organisation in inspiring and engaging our many different audiences. They do this by telling the story of Gordon Moody and the positive impact we have on those suffering from gambling harm across a range of different channels, both digital and traditional.
As the Marketing and Communications Manager, you will lead the team in both building and delivering the annual marketing plan. You will own the marketing and communications strategy and work with a range of internal and external stakeholders to create compelling D2C and B2B content that engages existing and new audiences.
You will be accountable for advising and delivering on marketing and communication across various channels, ensuring that plans and campaigns are strategically planned and executed.
You’ll be passionate about marketing and communication, ideally with some experience working within the third sector. With exceptional time and stakeholder management, you will be able to bring innovation, challenge, and creativity to Gordon Moody’s marketing and communications.
- Development of the organisation’s marketing and communications strategy in line with the organisational objectives, delivering impactful and measurable outcomes.
- Control of Gordon Moody’s digital profile, corporate identity, and brand management across all channels, including responsibility for maintenance and development of the website, social media, external website listings, links and advertising.
- Oversee the development and execution of all marketing campaigns, and the production of organisational marketing collateral, either through hands-on project management or by providing oversight to other staff’s marketing delivery.
- Drive Gordon Moody’s PR work, coordinating any press launches, managing incoming press enquiries and working with the Commercial Director on any reputational issues that may arise.
- Build marketing MI and performance measurement structure, and reporting, and be able to interpret and communicate ongoing marketing effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain marketing assets such as image library, marketing assets banks, case studies and videos.
- Build and develop relationships with a number of stakeholders, including but not limited to internal teams, trustees, external agencies, and corporate partners.
- Measure and report the performance of marketing campaigns and assess against goals such as KPIs. Identify trends and insights, and optimise spending and performance based on the results.
- Degree-level education and/or equivalent CIM qualification.
- Experience working in a communication, marketing and/or media environment.
- Experience in B2C and B2B marketing and communications.
- Good understanding of public relations, ideally with experience across both D2C and B2B audiences.
- Good understanding of the digital marketing landscape, ideally with experience in managing website and social media channels.
- Team Management.
- Experience in supporting the delivery of operational marketing and communications plans.
- Experience working in the charity or third sector.
- Some understanding of local and regional print, broadcast, digital and social media, and legislations affecting role.
- Experience in confidently creating and editing digital and non-digital content with experience in adherence to brand standards and values.
Skills, Knowledge and Aptitude:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including copywriting and proofreading.
- Ability to write fresh and engaging content for external audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to manage schedules, deliver to deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Good problem-solving.
- Good IT skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of WordPress and Adobe Design Suites or equivalent design packages.
- Willingness to be trained and developed.
- Ability to use own initiative and be proactive.
- Collaborative and approachable manner.
- Empowering others.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
Gordon Moody’s Values: Passionate, Respectful, Open, United and Dynamic
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Marketing and Communications Manager- Head Office – Fixed Term 3-6 Months
If you are interested, please complete the online application form below OR submit a CV with a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role and return it to email@example.com.
Return to Vacancies list