Gordon Moody is the UK’s leading charity dedicated to providing support and treatment for gambling addiction. We have been at the frontline for more than 50 years helping people reclaim and rebuild their lives through recovery in safe, supported environments. Our treatment centres are located across the UK, and we have exciting plans to extend our services in the coming years so that we can support more people to live their lives free from gambling addiction.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our brand-new Residential site in Redditch as a Mental Health Co-ordinator.
Within the role, you will be required to provide effective support to the Gordon Moody rehabilitation program in a way that enables clients to overcome their addiction to gambling and move forward to recovery and independent living.
The program provides structured support, to males aged over 18 years with severe gambling history, through a 14-week residential stay.
- Provide information, advice, and support to service users who may be affected by emotional well-being and/or mental health difficulties.
- Together with the clinical team, develop and implement support plans for service users facing a range of challenges and issues that affect their emotional well-being and mental health.
- Promote the health and well-being of patients and maintain a safe, caring, and therapeutic environment based on a tailored approach.
- Liaise with local mental health and social care agencies for identifying opportunities for the delivery of collaborative care.
- Liaise with our partners on the complex case pathways, ensuring a robust understanding of the service users coming through this pathway and building tailored care plans addressing their continuation of care needs.
- Work with service users who use co-occurring mental health and or substance misuse services to facilitate a range of mechanisms to share their views and experiences and contribute towards the planning, design, delivery, monitoring, and evaluation of the services they receive.
- Provide mental health awareness training to junior colleagues in the organisation.
- A minimum of three years experience working in the mental healthcare field.
- Experience in attendance and participation in strategic meetings (e.g. multi-disciplinary meetings, MARAC, MAPPA, etc.).
- Experience working with people with mental illness or substance misuse issues, including producing appropriate risk assessments and effective care planning.
- Professional qualification (Mental Health) to degree level or equivalent.
- Maintains current registration with the NMC or HCPC.
- NVQ competencies in NVQ 3 Care Management/Health & Social Care.
- Knowledge and understanding of current legislation, the Code of Practice, and understanding of clinical risk assessments.
35 hours covering seven days a week, 11 am-7 pm
- 36 days of holiday including Bank Holidays
- Paycare scheme
- BetterSpace membership
- AbleFutures partnership
- Increased company pension contribution
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Supportive working environment
- Career progression
- Family-friendly policies
- Company events
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Mental Health Co-Ordinator – Redditch
If you are interested, please complete the online application form below OR submit a CV with a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Vacancies list