We are looking for an Outreach Support Worker to provide effective support to the organisations Residential Rehabilitation Programme in a way that enables clients to overcome their addiction to gambling and move forward to recovery and independent living.
The Programme provides structured support, to males aged over 18 years with severe gambling history, through a 14-week residential stay.
Position: Outreach Support Worker
Location: Prestwich Manchester
Benefits: 28 days’ annual leave, 6% pension contribution, occupational sick pay, wellbeing programme and eye care vouchers.
About the Role
As Outreach Support Worker, you will promote positive behaviours and build effective and professional relationships both internally and externally.
Key Service Delivery responsibilities will include:
• Reporting and recording activity and service user information on data systems and reviewing data
• Contacting clients to agree outreach support needs
• Being able to remotely support attendees of the programme post treatment on a one to one basis (creatively using different technologies)
• Delivering online and text-based support groups
• Assisting clients in development of their ongoing support and recovery network
• Providing relevant therapeutic approaches to support recovery and independence
• Ensuring support is stepped down in an appropriate and timely manner, through clear transition plans and signposting to wider available support
• Developing and maintaining robust caseload management, prioritising and responding flexibly to different levels of need
• Sending out requests for follow up outcome information at regular intervals post treatment
• Identifying, arranging and monitoring external, specialist counselling post treatment
• To develop relationships where appropriate with family and loved ones, and to be the main point of contact for brief support and signposting
• Ongoing evaluation with Line Manager, to ensure its efficiency, effectiveness and continuous improvement
As an Outreach Coordinator, you will have a Health and Social Care, IAG qualification or equivalent and experience in the field of problem gambling/gambling addiction or other addictions
You will have:
• Demonstrable experience of supporting emotionally vulnerable individuals
• The ability to deliver and understanding of recovery focused addiction models
• The ability to use the telephone and other remote technologies for the provision of help and support services
• The ability to work on own initiative, and manage workload and caseload effective
• The ability to promptly identify, report, and act on risk, safeguarding or other concerns
• The ability to understand and work comfortably with different gender specific needs
• Organisation skills, including support planning with vulnerable groups
• Communication skills, to include both written and verbal reporting
• An understanding of risk, incident and safeguarding processes
• Negotiation, advocacy, advice and signposting skills
• The ability to establish working relationships with partner agencies
• The ability to handle crisis situations and work flexibly to meet needs
• The ability to work independently, as part of a team and as part of a wider organisation
• Experience of working in a health and social care environment (e.g. residential, mental health or drug support services)
• Experience of supporting group work with vulnerable and challenging groups
• Computer Literacy Skills including experience of using database systems, Microsoft Office and Outlook
About the Organisation
This registered charity has nearly 50 years’ experience in providing residential support and treatment for people who are severely addicted to gambling. They provide advice, education and high quality innovative therapeutic support to problem gamblers and those affected by gambling, through residential, online and outreach services.
The charity is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes enquiries from everyone and values diversity in its workforce.
You may have experience in areas such as Residential Support Coordinator, Residential Rehabilitation Support Coordinator, Rehabilitation Support Coordinator, Programme Support Coordinator, Programme Officer, Residential Support Worker, Residential Support Officer, Residential Support Case Worker, Support Worker, Support Officer, Outreach Support Officer, Outreach Worker, Outreach Case Worker, Rehabilitation Outreach, Rehabilitation Outreach Worker, Care and Rehabilitation Outreach Officer.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Outreach Worker
If you are interested, please complete the online application form below OR submit a CV with a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Vacancies list