This is a role for a Commissioning Project Manager to join us on an eight-month fixed term contract to take on the building and commissioning project for a state-of-the-art 38-bed residential treatment centre for men recovering from gambling addiction in Redditch, near Birmingham, Worcestershire.
This role will ensure the smooth running of the building project and set up of the facility in line with CQC requirements, H&S, and compliance requirements. The role will also monitor and report on progress to the SLT and Board. In addition, the role will be responsible for recruiting, onboarding and leading a professional team to perform and deliver high standards of person-centred care upon opening in April 2024.
You will be responsible for managing, developing, and evaluating all aspects of service within the centre, to meet current legislation.
Commissioning the building project:
- Work closely with external project managers and project team to ensure quality and on-time delivery.
- Plan, schedule, and assign work considering project and service user requirements, priorities, and resources available to cost-effectively achieve objectives, ensure quality, and continuously improve performance.
- Provide constructability input into the design, assist in the development of construction and commissioning procedures and plans, review and approve contractor design and installation proposals ensuring that all work is to the required standard and that all drawings, specifications, inspections, and certifications are strictly adhered to.
- Management of the main contractors.
- Establish and ensure the project has effective Risk Management, HSE, Quality Assurance, and Control playing an active role, especially during the construction and commissioning phase.
- Lead the development and implementation of commissioning strategy, standards, processes, systems, and plans for a major capital project.
- Monitor project commissioning progress, and in particular the critical path, in conjunction with the Head of Service Development and Finance Manager to ensure achievement of schedule and budget targets.
- Confirm all statutory and required third-party commissioning permits are in place and that conditions associated with them are adhered to.
- Lead the implementation of risk and quality management plans to ensure effective management of the project’s commissioning scope of work.
Managing the Treatment Centre:
- Assessing the needs of prospective and new service users and confirming that the needs of prospective service users can be met within the centre.
- Implementing and monitoring drug systems and stocks.
- Implementing and monitoring treatment plans in accordance with company policy.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of all information in accordance with data protection.
- Liaising with GPs, nurses, and other healthcare professionals.
- Ensure that the social, occupational, recreational, medical, dietary, and religious needs of clients are met whatever their background or heritage.
- Comply with the requirements of the CQC in regard to complaints.
- Work within agreed budgets by effectively managing resources and ensuring the smooth and efficient administration of the treatment centre.
- Participating in quality assurance inspections.
- Maintaining correct statutory and company records.
- Complying with all health and safety requirements.
- Complying with all policies in relation to recruitment and retention of staff.
- Ensuring effective induction and foundation training for all staff.
- Implementing and maintaining the company performance appraisal and staff supervision system within the Treatment Centre.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining appropriate training for staff.
- Carrying out disciplinary and grievance procedures as outlined.
- Planning staff rotas.
- Diploma level 5 in Health and Social Care.
- Knowledge of CQC requirements.
- Project Management qualification or equivalent experience.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills – credible at management level and able to challenge the status quo.
- You should have a proven track record in successful CQC good rated care home, therapy or substance misuse treatment centre management, backed up by a qualification such as level 5 in Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care.
- You will be compassionate yet assertive, an inspirational lead bringing positive changes and continuous improvement in the quality of treatment.
- You will be able to provide day to day operational management, employee and team motivational and commercial drive.
- Experience in executing action plans to increase occupancy, achieving occupancy and fee targets.
- Commissioning experience.
- You will have clear communication skills, both written and verbal, you will be able to build and maintain strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- You will be able to work independently whilst managing and leading large staffing teams to meet CQC requirements/client’s personal needs.
- Experience of hiring and building a dedicated and committed team.
- Building a strong rapport with local healthcare agencies and professionals.
- Competent and experienced leading a clinical or therapeutic team.
- Embedding the highest standards of care.
- Engaging with the local community.
- A focus on achieving results through fantastic teamwork where everyone’s contribution is recognised.
- A commitment to Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in employment and service delivery.
Gordon Moody Values: Passionate, Respectful, Open, United and Dynamic
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Project Manager – Fixed Term, Dudley and Redditch
If you are interested, please complete the online application form below OR submit a CV with a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Vacancies list