Gordon Moody is the UK’s leading charity dedicated to providing support and treatment for gambling addiction. We have been at the frontline for more than 50 years helping people reclaim and rebuild their lives through recovery in safe, supported environments. Our treatment centres are located across the UK, and we have exciting plans to extend our services in the coming years so that we can support more people to live their lives free from gambling addiction.
We are seeking a Service Manager for our new residential site in Redditch. This role will play a key part in the day-to-day operational running of the site and sit within our Senior Leadership Team.
As this role is a new position within the organisation you will be joining at a very exciting time and will be required to start before the opening of the residential site to have a key input in the crucial planning of the services and how we mobilise the opening of the new service.
- To provide effective clinical management of the residential treatment centre and its outreach provision which works with people to enable them to overcome their gambling-related harm.
- Oversee the development and implementation of competency standards within the service and lead the identification and implementation of training and development needs of the therapeutic staff.
- To provide clear leadership and direction to your team and work as part of the wider management team to deliver high-quality, effective, and safe services.
- Work in line with, and ensure staff compliance with, regulatory and professional standards and Gordon Moody Policy to inspire the team to have an inclusive and participatory approach.
- To oversee the day-to-day delivery of our therapeutic programme by working closely with the treatment team to ensure a high-quality treatment and KPI achievement.
- Provide the therapeutic team with appropriate and regular clinical and therapeutic support and supervision, including annual appraisals and develop opportunities for two-way feedback.
- Ensure that all areas of treatment provisions are compliant with CQC regulatory guidance and meet outstanding rating standards within each regulated domain: Safe, Responsive, Effective, Caring and Well-Led.
- Empower and enable staff to deliver high-quality and effective services for all service users who are ready and committed to engaging with us, from intake to discharge.
- Ensure that the treatment programme is designed, integrated, and coordinated to achieve maximum effectiveness for each service user and that the case management system maintains clear, accurate, and up-to-date records.
- Work with your team to support the implementation of new service plans which reflect Gordon Moody’s strategic and business plans and contractual requirements.
- Evaluate, audit and report regularly on the treatment programmes’ quality, relevance, and effectiveness.
- Ensure the implementation of competency standards within our clinical services and lead the identification and implementation of our therapeutic staff’s individual and team training and development needs.
- Establish and monitor clear performance targets, both quantitative and qualitative, for the treatment teams to drive improved operational performance.
- Ensure staff compliance with Data Protection and Confidentiality policies in respect of client data, working closely with the treatment teams to maximise data accuracy and security across the organization.
- Ensure that all appropriate risk assessment and management processes are in place to ensure the safety of staff and service users.
- Establish and develop relationships with other agencies and bodies ensuring that we work to provide the best care whilst maintaining positive working relationships.
- Produce and present regular reports on service performance for the Senior Leadership, the Board and other external bodies as required.
- Be able to hold safeguarding responsibility on necessary days in the absence of the Heads of Services and the Director of Clinical Services.
- Commit to continuous improvement of existing services and to support the development of new and innovative projects, programmes and services that meet the needs of our service users
- Support with the operational management of the service in the operational managers’ absence.
- BSC Level or NVQ Level 6 equivalent Qualification in a relevant discipline (Healthcare/Social Work/Psychology/Psychotherapy or Counselling)
- A managerial qualification
- Level 3 Safeguarding Training
- Health or Social Care Professional Accreditation (e.g., BPS, BASW, BACP, UKCP, FDA – or equivalent membership body)
- At least 3 years’ experience as an addiction/mental health/social care service manager
- Significant experience in line-managing clinical staff, including the use of professional development, performance management and safeguarding protocols.
- Significant experience in the development, implementation, and management of addiction/mental health treatment programmes
- Significant experience in managing and developing clinical monitoring and reporting systems which support both targets and outcomes.
- Experience working with people affected by gambling-related harm.
- Experience working in the addictions field or similar environment.
- Experience working with minoritized or deprived groups with multiple barriers and limited access to psychotherapy and support.
- Experience of working in the Charity sector
Skills, Knowledge & aptitude:
- Knowledge and understanding of the problem and treatment of addiction and mental health issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of the NICE and PHE Guidelines, CQC Regulations, Mental Health Act and other related guidelines and regulations for addiction treatment services.
- Evidence of people management skills, including setting and monitoring objectives against business plans and performance targets, and holding others to account.
- Excellent time management, numeracy skills and attention to detail with the ability to produce high-level statistical analysis and report writing.
- Ability to take charge of a situation when appropriate with the ability to lead, motivate and influence others.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and experience in interacting with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent planning, organisation, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently while being capable of collaboration within a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- 28 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- Paycare Scheme
- BetterSpace Membership
- Able Futures Partnership
- Increased Company Pension contribution
- Strong CPD and Development Opportunities
- Supportive working environment
- Family Friendly Policies
- Company Events
Gordon Moody Values: Passionate, Respectful, Open, United and Dynamic
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Residential Service Manager – Redditch
If you are interested, please complete the online application form below OR submit a CV with a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role and return it to email@example.com.
Return to Vacancies list