To provide effective support to the established Gordon Moody residential rehabilitation programme in a way that enables clients to overcome their addiction to gambling and move forward to recovery and independent living.
The programme provides structured support, to males aged over 18 years with severe gambling history, through a 14-week residential stay.
- Are you looking for a new challenge?
- Do you have a willingness to learn and develop?
- Are you able to commit to Gordon Moody’s ambitions, values, and strategies?
- Do you have the ability to work on your initiative and be proactive?
- Are you able to empower others and have a positive can-do attitude?
- Do you have strong project management skills and decision-making abilities?
- Provide appropriate recovery-focused therapeutic advice and support to assist residents in addressing their gambling problems and achieving their goals in line with the Gordon Moody men’s residential programme.
- Support residents through structured one-to-one, group-work interventions, and activities using a range of therapeutic approaches, including CBT, Motivational Interviewing, mindfulness, and person-centered techniques.
- Continuously complete risk assessments and use assessments to inform session planning.
- Manage a caseload of residents by keeping up-to-date records of their progress and needs, interventions provided, and any issues dealt with within our case management system.
- Empower residents in identifying goals to meet their wider health and social care needs, including mental health, debt, family issues, etc., assisting with signposting and referrals as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with support coordinators to provide specific advice and guidance around money management, budgeting, and debt advice, and signposting to external agencies as required, in liaison with the Centre Manager and Outreach Support Coordinator.
- Support the provision of online group support under the direction of the Centre Manager.
- Ensure effective and seamless handover of ongoing support and relapse management needs from the treatment stage to the outreach stage.
- Assist in the collection of activity data and outcome measurement data and provide administrative support.
- Actively participate in team meetings and line management supervision on a monthly basis, as well as regular clinical supervision as provided by the organisation.
- Review and develop the programme through evaluation, continuous improvement, and development through new initiatives and intervention.
- Participate in learning and development opportunities for personal development and ensure you maintain up-to-date knowledge on gambling and therapy.
- Uphold Gordon Moody’s policies and procedures about the service delivery of confidentiality, data protection, risk management, safeguarding, professional boundaries, and data recording.
- Carry out any required administration functions such as – but not limited to – correspondence, monitoring, reporting, data capturing, and updating case management database with quality records at all times.
- Educated to diploma level in Counselling BACP or equivalent.
- CBT and/or Motivational Interview training and/or relevant qualification.
- Case management experience with an understanding and application of risk, incident, and safeguarding processes.
- Excellent written, verbal, and reporting communication skills.
- Experience in planning and facilitating structured group work with vulnerable and challenging aspects.
- Experience working in a therapeutic environment/service ideally within addiction.
- Ability to manage crises and work flexibly to meet presenting needs within a remote location.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and in the wider organisation.
- Evidence of continuous professional development with the willingness to develop.
- Ability to provide a commitment to our company values.
- Experience of working in a health and social care environment such as residential, mental health or drug support services.
- Experience working with problem gamblers.
- Specific qualification about group work.
- Specific qualifications related to the provision of remote support.
- Evidence of an ability to change group dynamics requiring amendments to programme content.
- Experience and/or training in supporting mental health issues.
- Experience working with clients remotely such as online or on the phone.
35 hours per week – Monday to Friday daytime, with occasional Saturdays on a rota basis.
- 36 days of holiday including Bank Holidays
- Paycare scheme
- BetterSpace membership
- AbleFutures partnership
- Increased company pension contribution
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Supportive working environment
- Career progression
- Family-friendly policies
- Company events
Gordon Moody Values: Passionate, Respectful, Open, United and Dynamic
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Residential Treatment Gambling Therapist – Dudley
If you are interested, please complete the online application form below OR submit a CV with a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Vacancies list