We have an exciting opportunity for a Therapist to join the team as a Residential Treatment Gambling Therapist, to provide effective support to the established Residential Rehabilitation Programme in a way that enables clients to overcome their addiction to gambling and move forward to recovery and independent living.
The Programme provides structured support, to males aged over 18 years with severe gambling history, through a 14-week residential stay.
Position: Residential Treatment Gambling Therapist
Location: Dudley, West Midlands (full-time on site)
Salary: £26,000 – £30,000 per annum
Hours: 35 Hours per week
Benefits: 28 days’ annual leave, 6% pension contribution, occupational sick pay, eye care vouchers.
Closing Date: 10th June 2022
About the Role
As a Residential Treatment Gambling Therapist, you will provide appropriate recovery-focused therapeutic advice and support to assist residents in addressing their gambling problems and achieving their goals in line with the Residential Programme.
Key responsibilities include:
- Service Delivery
- Effective Governance
As a Residential Treatment Gambling Therapist, you will uphold the organisations values and be non-judgemental, passionate, honest and open to change and empower service users.
You will have:
- Extensive experience of working in Addiction Recovery or a Diploma level qualification in Counselling BACP or equivalent.
- CBT and/or Motivational Interviewing training and/or relevant qualification
- Case management experience with an understanding and application of risk, incident and safeguarding processes
- Excellent communication skills written, verbal and reporting
- Experience of planning and facilitating structured group work with vulnerable and challenging groups
- Experience of working in a therapeutic environment/service, ideally with addiction
- The ability to manage crisis situations and work flexibly to meet presenting needs within a remote location
- The ability to work professionally with women and, with an understanding of different issues women are presented with
- The ability to work independently, as part of a team, and as part of a wider organization
- Evidence of continuing professional development and willingness to develop
- The ability to evidence a commitment to our values
About the Organisation
A registered charity with over 50 years’ experience in providing residential support and treatment for people who are severely addicted to gambling, which provides advice, education and high quality innovative therapeutic support to problem gamblers and those affected by gambling, through residential, online and outreach services.
The charity is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes enquiries from everyone and values diversity in its workforce.
You may have experience in areas such as Health Engagement, Residential Treatment, Gambling Treatment, Gambling Therapist, Gambling Addiction, Gambling, Rehabilitation Therapist, Rehabilitation, Residential Rehabilitation, Rehabilitation Centre, Outreach, Addiction Therapist, Addiction Counsellor, Recovery Worker, Recovery Therapist, Recovery, Outreach Worker, Counselling, Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Addiction Counsellor, Gambling Counsellor, Community Counsellor, Counselling Psychotherapist, Adult Services, Mental Health.