We have an exciting opportunity for Retreat and Counselling Therapists who will be working with women and men who have severe gambling problems.
Our client provides a 4-stage treatment package combining 2 therapeutic residential stays with 2 stages of community treatment lasting a total of 12 weeks.
Position: R&C Therapist (part time)
Location: National (remote when not at a retreat)
Salary: £27,000 per annum dependant on experience
Hours: Part time opportunities available. 20-25 hours per week – on call and bank holiday work.
Benefits: 28 days’ annual leave, 6% pension contribution, occupational sick pay, eye care vouchers.
Key responsibilities include:
- To provide appropriate recovery-focused therapeutic advice and support
- To oversee the development, organization, and facilitation of the charity’s service users
- To attend and lead facilitation of group and 1:1 session, face to face and online.
- To support service users through structured one-to-one, group-work interventions,
- Ascertain appropriateness of treatments, identify the needs to be addressed.
- To manage a caseload of residents and keep clear up to date records
- To work collaboratively
- Support and supervise provisions and staff to a high standard.
- Support the Service Manager and Partner Senior as required.
As Retreat and Counselling Therapist, you will uphold the organisations values and be non-judgemental, passionate, honest and open to change and empower service users.
You will have:
- Experience in the field of addiction and/or mental health/social care
- Demonstrable experience of supporting emotionally vulnerable individuals
- Ability to deliver and understanding of recovery focused addiction models.
- Ability to work on own initiative, and manage workload and caseload effectively and efficiently
- Ability to promptly identify, report, and act on risk, safeguarding or other concerns
- Ability to understand and work comfortably with gender specific needs
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- A good level of IT skills including Office
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of managing teams and individuals within the social/healthcare sector
Although not essential knowledge of the effects of problem gambling, experience of delivering therapeutic support and of working in a recovery service would be highly beneficial, as would a counselling / Addiction qualification.
About the Organisation
This registered charity has nearly 50 years’ experience in providing residential support and treatment for people who are severely addicted to gambling. They provide advice, education and high quality innovative therapeutic support to problem gamblers and those affected by gambling, through residential, online and outreach services.
The charity is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes enquiries from everyone and values diversity in its workforce.
You may have experience in areas such as Health Engagement, Residential Treatment, Gambling Treatment, Gambling Therapist, Gambling Addiction, Gambling, Rehabilitation Therapist, Rehabilitation, Residential Rehabilitation, Rehabilitation Centre, Outreach, Addiction Therapist, Addiction Counsellor, Recovery Worker, Recovery Therapist, Recovery, Outreach Worker, Counselling, Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Addiction Counsellor, Gambling Counsellor, Community Counsellor, Counselling Psychotherapist, Adult Services, Mental Health.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Retreat and Counselling Therapist (Part Time)
If you are interested, please complete the online application form below OR submit a CV with a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role and return it to email@example.com.
Return to Vacancies list